These Values shall be reviewed periodically and if necessary they will be revised in light of new developments.
Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of the Priestley-Forsyth Memorial Library is to provide quality materials and services which promote life-long learning and fulfill informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs of a diverse community in an atmosphere that is welcoming and respectful.
The Priestley-Forsyth Memorial Library is deeply rooted in and responsive to its community. The library will be an integral part of the community by providing free and equal access to information, knowledge and support in order to encourage and promote life-long learning, personal enrichment, literacy and the joy of reading in all age groups. The library will provide a safe, comfortable and inviting atmosphere that is conducive to all facets of learning, research and inquiry.
- Service: To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding region.
- Support Children and Youth: We strive to connect parents, educators and young people in helping develop thoughtful readers and citizens.
- Promote Literacy and a Love of Reading: The library recognizes the vital importance of reading, to open doors of opportunity and expand horizons. The library strives to support every patron in becoming a life-long reader.
- Teamwork: The library is committed to providing a professional and productive workforce where each individual is a member of a team, working to serve our patrons.
- Empowerment: We respect the individuality and integrity of each patron and each employee an foster an environment in which creativity, productivity and individual responsibility are encouraged, recognized and rewarded.
- Diversity: We respect and encourage diverse viewpoints and individual differences.
- Adaptability and Innovation: The library strives to discover new methods and improvements to better serve our patrons.
- Accountability: The library shall be a good steward of the resources entrusted to us and we are committed to being responsive to the changing needs of our community.