A Story Bag is a collection of fiction and non-fiction books, and related materials that center on a theme. Most of the Story Bag books can also be found on our shelves. You can search for them by title in our Card Catalog.
Some puppets and other items may also be available for checkout separately. If you have questions please email our Youth Services Coordinator Kim King at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-473-8201.
All About Me
Apples, Leaves and Pumpkins
At the Seashore
Books, Reading and Libraries
Cats: Big and Small
Dinosaurs (2 levels)
Great Dinosaur Hunters
In the Forest
In the Garden
Kids Biz (Kids Business/Trade)
Kings, Queens and Castles
Money and Banking
Rivers and Ponds
Rocks, Gems, and Minerals
Sizes and Opposites
Things that Go
From 2007-2018 traveling trunks were developed by museum educators to help expand upon the concepts in a years chosen book. Each trunk is filled with fun book-related puppets, games, and manipulatives for young children.
In addition, each trunk includes a guide for librarians and educators that encourage use of the trunk contents in activities that are aligned with Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards.
- 2018 – My Cousin MoMo by Zachariah O’Hora
- 2017 – Daniel Finds a Poem by Micha Archer
- 2016 – Kite Day by Will Hillenbrand
- 2015 – Number One Sam by Greg Pazolli
- 2014 – Stripes of All Types by Susan Stockdale
- 2013 – The Bus for Usby Suzanne Bloom
- 2012 – Stop Snoring Bernardby Zachariah OHora
- 2011 – Whose Shoes? A Shoe for Every Job by Stephen R. Swinburne
- 2010 – What a Treasure!by Jane and Will Hillenbrand
- 2009 – If You Were a Penguinby Wendell and Florence Minor
- 2008 – Up, Down, and Aroundby author Katherine Ayres and illustrator Nadine Bernard Westcott
- 2007 – A Splendid Friend, Indeedby author and illustrator Suzanne Bloom